Form DA 200 Transmittal Record
INSTRUCTIONS : TRANSMITTAL RECORD (DA Form 200)
A DA Form 200 is a United States Army form used to record transmittal records of an item shipped between a shipping party and a receiving party. The form is to be filled out by the shipper.
The DA Form 200 is available on the United States Army documentation website or can be supplied through the chain of command.
The first box that must be filled out is the security classification in box 1
1. The security classification will determine the method of shipment and the appropriate security measures that may need to take place for the shipment.
Box 2 requires the shipment number.
Boxes 3, 4, and 5 are used to identify the shipment and the date it will be shipped.
2. Fill out these boxes with the appropriate information before shipping occurs.
Boxes 6 through 11 require the information necessary for the shipment to take place.
3. You will need to identify the authority for the shipment, number of records shipped, contact information for the authority, and the shipping information of the sender and receiver.
4. A return receipt may be requested by the shipper, which will require the DA Form 200 be signed, copied, and sent back to the shipper for confirmation.
Boxes 10 and 11 require certification of shipment and that the item was received.
Boxes 12 through 14 require the sender to identify the details of the shipment made.
5. You must include the type of media shipped, indicating the media form and total number of items and boxes. If the type of media is not indicated on the form, you may write it in a blank section of box 12.
Boxes 15 through 17 are to be used for identifying the shipment method and special instructions that may be required for the shipment.
6. Additional remarks may be made in box 18. Include any additional instructions, details, or information that either the shipping party or the receiving party will need.
Once the DA Form 200 has been filled out and the items properly shipped, a copy of the form should be kept by both sender and receiver for record keeping purposes.