INSTRUCTIONS : TRAINING / INTERNSHIP PLACEMENT PLAN (Form DS-7002)
1. The Form DS-7002 must be completed by all applicants filing for a J1 Exchange Visa. The Form DS-7002 is labeled the Training or Internship placement plan and must be filed with the coordinating United States’ consulate or embassy.
2. The first section of the Form DS-7002 will ask for basic information, including: your First and last name, your email address, your status as a trainee, an intern or a study intern, and your current field of study or profession. Additionally, the first section of the DS-7002 will ask you the type of degree or certificate you possess, the date the degree was awarded, the amount of experience you have in the particular field and for the coordinating dates of your training or internship program.
3. The next section of the DS-7002 ill inquires for information regarding the site of your activity. IN this section you will list the name of your supervisor, along with his or her contact information. Along with this information you must also satisfy your host organization’s name, the street address of the training or internship site and the appropriate employee identification number that your respective organization supplied. Furthermore, you must also list the hours per week in which you will be working and the amount of money you will earn for your work.
4. Subsequent to satisfying this information you will be required to sign a contract agreement which ensures that your previously submitted information is accurate and truthful. In addition to your signature, the Form DS-7002 requires that your supervisor sign his or her name along with the coordinating date. Your sponsor, along with his or her signature, must also input the program sponsor’s name, the coordinating program number and the field that the program falls under.
5. Upon completion of the contract agreement, you will be required to satisfy the questions within the training or internship placement plan. The questions in this section will ask your supervisor to answer questions concerning the specific tasks, activities and roles that you will be required to fulfill. The sponsor, in this section, will also be asked to write brief descriptions concerning your particular skills and the specific goals or objectives of the underlying program. When all of this information is completed, your supervisor must send the document to the coordinating United States consular or embassy.
INSTRUCTIONS : IMMIGRANT PETITION REQUEST FORM, OUTSTANDING PROFESSOR/RESEARCHER (Form EB-1)
• The EB-1 visa is a United States visa created by the Immigration Act of 1990—this particular visa provides a method of obtaining permanent residency for those individuals who are labeled as “priority workers.” This classification denotes that the foreign nation either possesses an “extraordinary ability” or is an “outstanding professor or researcher” in a particular subject. Additionally, the EB-1 visa may be awarded if the candidate is an executive or manager of a foreign company who is then transferred to the United States. In summation, the EB-1 visa allows the candidate to remain in the United States for the purpose of performing research, conducting business, or playing on an Athletic team.
• Foreign nationals may apply for the EB-1 Priority Workers Visa if they are officially classified as one of the following three types of aliens:
o The applicant possesses an “extraordinary ability in the sciences, arts, education, business or athletics field, which has been demonstrated by sustained national or international acclaim and whose achievements have been recognized in the field through extensive documentation.”
o The applicant is an outstanding professor or researcher who is recognized internationally for their outstanding academic success in a particular field. In this classification, the applicant must also have at least three years experience in teaching or research in the underlying academic subject or area and enter the United States in a tenure teaching or comparable research position at a university or other institution of higher education.
o The applicant may be permitted an EB-1 Priority Workers visa if the individual is an executive or manager of a foreign company and is transferred to the United States to fulfill a similar American post.
• Dissimilar to EB-2 and EB-3 applicants, an EB-1 applicant does not have to complete the labor certification process and they may obtain temporary work cards and travel documents while the application is pending. The visa application has two distinct parts: the I-140 petition and a background check. The I-140 application, in general, seeks to prove that applying alien has extraordinary abilities; it achieves this process in four parts:
o The application will ask for information about an alien’s field of endeavor
o Background information about the alien
o Evidence of extraordinary ability
o Evidence that the alien will continue to work in the field of endeavor.
INSTRUCTIONS : U.S PASSPORT RENEWAL APPLICATION FOR ELIGIBLE INDIVIDUALS (Form DS 82)
(PAGES 5 and 6 ONLY)
A DS 82 form is a document used by the U.S. Department of State for renewing an expired passport. This form can only be used if you currently have your passport, you were over the age of 16 when it was issued, and your name is the same as it appears on the expired passport.
In this case, we are using the DS 82 form provided by the United States Department of State. The DS 82 form can be found online or through the Department of State office.
The first step in completing the form is to indicate whether you are applying for a passport book, card, or both.
1. In lines 1 through 9, you must provide your name and contact information. Ensure that all information is accurate placing a letter or digit in each individual box, as this is how it will appear on your passport.
2. Provide your name, address, phone number, social security number, and any other names or alias you go by.
3. Next, you must provide the name and information as it appears on your expired passport. Provide this information in box 10 and any name change information in box 11.
4. In the box with a face silhouette, you must staple a 2” x 2” facial picture to your application. Passport photos can be taken at many photography places or you can use your own, as long as it follows the passport photo guidelines.
5. Do not write in the bottom box on page one, it is for official use only.
6. Skip to the second page and again fill in your name and contact information.
7. In lines 12 through 16, you must provide your height, hair color, eye color, occupation and employer or school.
8. Provide an emergency contact in box 19 and any travel plans you may have in box 20.
9. After checking that all pages are signed and certified, send you DS Form 82 to the Department of State along with your expired passport and the required fee.
10. Keep a copy of your form for future reference and wait for your renewed passport to come in the mail.