Home Military Form DD 1351-2 Travel Voucher or Subvoucher

Form DD 1351-2 Travel Voucher or Subvoucher


A DD Form 1351-2 is a Department of Defense form used for travel vouchers for approved travel expenses by military members.  This voucher must be filled out in order for reimbursement for travel expenses paid out of the pocket of the military member. 

The DD Form 1351-2 is available on the Department of Defense documentation website or can be supplied through the chain of command. 

The first step is fill in box 1, indicating what type of payment your voucher will be credited.

1. If you used a Government Travel Charge Card, you must indicate the split payment that will be made to the card contractor. 

In boxes 2 through 11, you must provide your personal information.  

2. You will need to put your name, grade, social security number, contact information as well as the type of payment made for your travel expenses. 

In box 12, you must list all of your dependents and indicate if they accompanied you on your travel.  

3. Boxes 13 and 14 require you to further indicate your dependent’s address as well as whether any household goods shipments are included in your travel expense.  

Box 15 is to be used to document your travel itinerary, including the dates and mode of all travel completed.  

4. You must indicate the travel costs of each separate trip and the mileage of each individual trip. 

Identify your mode of transportation in boxes 16 and 17.

5. You may be reimbursed for mileage and fuel if you supplied your own mode of transportation.

Box 18 and 19 are the most important sections on the DD Form 1351-2.  It is here that you will itemize all expenses for which you will be reimbursed.

6. Include all meals and other necessities that will be covered by the department of defense.  If you are unsure of a qualifying expense, check with the Department of Defense for further help. 

You must then certify the form in box 20 and have any supervising official sign box 21.

After completing the form, you must attach receipts for certain expenses that you are claiming reimbursement. 

7. You must attach receipts for lodging expenses over $75, secretarial approval of travel, if applicable, two copies of dependent travel authorization, if applicable, along with your original travel orders or authorizations.  

Download the PDF file .