INSTRUCTIONS : REQUEST FOR ISSUE OR TURN-IN (DA Form 3161)
A DA Form 3161 is a United States Army form for a request for issue or turn in. The form is used for detailing supplies that are to be turned in or are being issued to a certain party.
The DA Form 3161 is available on the United States Army documentation website or can be supplied through the Army chain of command.
The party who is filing the DA Form 3161 must first identify whether the sheet is being used to report a turn in or an issue.
1. Check the appropriate box that corresponds to the use of this form.
Next you must supply all of the general information surrounding the request.
2. You must identify the request number and voucher number in boxes 1 and 2.
3. Boxes 3 through 9 will identify who the materials are being sent to, the date they are required, priority and authorizations, and all identifying information about the items to be issued or turned in.
Next, box 12 must be completed, which verifies all of the specific information about the items to be disbursed or turned in.
4. You must provide Item numbers, stock numbers, descriptions, quantities, codes, prices and cost for each individual item that is to be covered by your DA Form 3161.
5. All of the numbered quantities and costs must be added and totaled at the bottom of box 12.
Finally, the DA Form 3161 must be signed by the authorizing party, with all supply chain officers involved signing off on the issuance or turn in of the named supplies in the form.
6. A copy of the form should be kept for record keeping purposes, in order to assure that all items are accounted for and properly issued through the supply chain.