INSTRUCTIONS : APPLICATION FOR IMMIGRATION VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION (Form DS 230)
A DS 230 form is a document used by the U.S. Department of State for immigrants who wish to permanently move to the United States. It is a required form that must be completed before any immigrant visa will be approved.
In this case, we are using the DS 230 form provided by the United States Department of State. The DS 230 form can be found online or through U.S. consulates throughout the world.
The first step in completing the form is to fill out the general name and contact information for the applicant.
1. Provide your name, current address, birth information, nationality, gender, and marital status in boxes 1 through 9.
2. Next, you must provide your planned place of residence in the United States and your mailing address. Fill in boxes 10 or 11 with these addresses if known at the time you are completing the form.
3. Boxes 12 through 28 require more biographical data about the applicant, which must be provided. Insert your occupation, address, contact information, spouse’s name and information, father and mother’s family information in all of the applicable boxes.
4. In box 29, you must list the names, birth information, and addresses of all children, whether they live with you or not.
5. Box 30 requires that you provide all the places you have lived in the past 6 months, but not before the applicant’s 16th birthday. Begin with your current residence and list in chronological order all other residences.
6. In box 32, list all of your occupations in the past 10 years. If you need more space, you may attach additional papers to the DS Form 230.
7. in box 33, provide your educational history and in box 34, your military history, if any.
8. If you have previously traveled to the United States, list all instances in box 35 and use additional sheets if you need more space. Sign the end of the second sheet.
The third sheet is to be used as a sworn statement to certify your application.
9. Provide your name and contact information in the corresponding boxes.
10. Read through box 40 and indicate if any of the situations apply to you. Check the appropriate boxes for your answer.
11. Certify the remaining questions in a truthful manner and certify the DS 230 Form with your signature and the signature of the consular officer.