INSTRUCTIONS: APPLICATION FOR RESERVATION OF NAME MLLC-1
This form is used to reserve the name of a limited liability company in the state of Maine. If the name is approved by the Secretary of State, the name is reserved for a total of 120 days. The reservation cannot be renewed in the state of Maine.
“Application for Reservation of Name MLLC-1 Step 1”
Check the box at the top of the Application if reservation is only for an assumed name. Otherwise, do not check the box.
“Application for Reservation of Name MLLC-1 Step 2”
On the line below the box, provide the requested name for the limited liability company. An limited liability company needs to use one of the following terms in the name: limited liability company, limited company, L.L.C., LLC, or LC. If the company is a low-profit LLC, the term “L3C” or “l3c” can be used unless the name reservation is for an assumed name.
“Application for Reservation of Name MLLC-1 Step 3”
Provide the full name of the applicant and the applicant’s address on the next set of lines.
“Application for Reservation of Name MLLC-1 Step 4”
The applicant needs to date, sign, and provide a printed name at the bottom of the Application.
“Application for Reservation of Name MLLC-1 Step 5”
Before filing this form, make sure you complete the Cover Letter. Instructions are listed below:
1. List the name of limited liability company on the first set of lines.
2. On the next set of lines, state that you’re filing the Application for Reservation of Name. If you’re filing any other forms, include the other titles as well.
3. Check the appropriate box in the next section, and list the total amount of filing fees.
4. Provide a contact person, telephone number, and email address.
5. State where an attested copy should be delivered on the last set of lines.
“Application for Reservation of Name MLLC-1 Step 6”
The minimum filing fee for this form is $20. Expedited service will cost more. Make the check or money order payable to Maine Secretary of State. Send the form and filing fee to the following address:
Secretary of State
Division of Corporations, UCC and Commissions
101 State House Station
Augusta, ME 04333-0101