Form DA 2062 Hand Receipt Annex/Components Receipt
INSTRUCTIONS : HAND RECEIPT ANNEX/COMPONENTS RECEIPT (DA Form 2062)
A DA Form 2062 is the Army’s form for assigning responsibility and accountability for an Army issued item or piece of equipment that has component pieces. It is commonly referred to as a hand receipt.
The DA Form 2062 is available on the United States Army website or will be supplied to a military member who is taking possession of Army issued equipment.
The top boxes require identification of the parties involved in the transfer of equipment and the items to exchange hands.
1. In the top box, you must provide the original holder of the property and identify the individual who is taking possession of the item in the transfer.
2. The second line is for use by the annexor only. If you are the annexor, you must identify the item stock number, the item’s description, the publication number, publication date, and quantity of items.
In the following grid, you must supply the item numbers and item descriptions for each issued equipment that is being transferred to the new holder.
3. You must provide the required information about each item, including the detailed information needed in the boxes on the right of the description lines.
4. Complete the DA Form 2062 by filling in the grid for every piece of issued equipment that is being transferred.
Box c in the grid will require a different identification number depending on how the form is being used.
5. If the DA Form 2062 is being used as a hand receipt, this box will be the hand receipt annex number.
6. If the DA Form 2062 is being used for the issue of quarter’s furniture, you must include condition codes for each piece of furniture.
If the DA Form 2062 is being used as a components receipt, enter the accounting requirements code in each corresponding box.