INSTRUCTIONS : INCOME TAX RETURN FOR SINGLE AND JOINT FILERS WITH NO DEPENDENTS (Form 1040EZ)
Form 1040EZ Income Tax Return for Single and Joint Filers with No Dependents
Form 1040EZ is a United States Internal Revenue Service tax form used for filing an annual tax return for single or joint filers who do not have dependents. It is the simplest tax return form for submitting personal income tax information to the I.R.S.
The Form 1040EZ can be obtained through the I.R.S' website or by obtaining the documents through a local tax office.
Gather all of your income information for the tax year before preparing your Form 1040EZ
1. Provide your name and social security number on the first line. If you are filing a joint return, you must also provide the name and social security number of your spouse on the second line.
2. State your home address, including your street address, city, and state. If you are residing in a foreign nation, you must state the nation, foreign county, and foreign postal code.
3. Referring to your income data you have collected throughout the year, fill in the appropriate amounts in the income section of your Form 1040EZ. List all income from paychecks, salary, or any amounts listed on your W-2 form.
4. List any taxable interest you may have accrued. If the amount is over $1,500, you cannot file a 1040EZ.
5. State any unemployment income or Alaska dividends, if applicable. Add all of these amounts to determine you adjusted gross income on line 4.
6. If you or your spouse can be claimed as a dependent, enter the corresponding amount in line
7. Subtract line 5 from line 4, this is your taxable income. If line 5 is larger than line 4, you should enter 0.
8. Enter your credits, payments, and tax information in the next section on lines 7 through 10.
9. If you have overpaid and are due a tax refund, fill out the tax refund box on line 11.
10. If you owe additional taxes, you must state the amount on line 12.
11. Once completed, you may sign and date the bottom of the Form 1040EZ. If a professional has prepared the form, they must provide their name and contact information on the bottom of the form.
12. Submit the Form 1040EZ to the IRS to state your income tax for the year. Retain a copy for your records