Form G-28 Notice of Entry of Appearance an Attorney or Representative
INSTRUCTIONS : NOTICE OF ENTRY OF APPEARANCE AS ATTORNEY OR ACCREDITED Representative (Form G-28)
• The purpose of the Form G-28, titled the Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative, is to provide notice that an attorney or accredited rep of a religious, charitable, social service or similar organization will appear before the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services on behalf of an applicant involved in a matter before the Government Agency.
• The Form G-28 consists of 3 pages and does not contain a filing fee. The G-28 form is to be only used by attorneys; those attorneys admitted to the practice of law in counties other than the United States must use Form G-28I and may only represent individuals in matters filed in DHS offices outside the confines of the United States.
• Part 1 of the G-28 form, labeled the Notice of Appearance as Attorney or Accredited Representative, will require the filer to check one block to indicate the DHS agency where the matter is filed. If the appropriate agency is the USCIS, list the form numbers filed with form G-28; if the agency is the CBP or ICE, list the specific matter in which the appearance is entered.
• After you have designated the appropriate agency, you must fill in all information, including the mailing address of the applicant, the petitioner or the respondent is required in this section of the form. Note, this information is not required if filed under the Violence against Women Act. The applicant, respondent or petitioner must sign the form, in dark blue or black ink.
• Part 2 of the G-28 Form, titled Information About Attorney or Accredited Representative, will require the applicant to check the box and fill in required information regarding the State bar of admission. If you are subject to any order or any court suspending, you must disclose this information on Form G-28. Additionally, you must check the box and fill in the name of the organization recognized by the Board of Immigration Appeals in this section. When all information is satisfied, print and sign your name under part 3 of the form, titled Name and Signature of Attorney or Accredited Representative.