Form DS-160 Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application
NOTE: Must be completed through the U.S. Department of State Website
The DS 160 form, which is the application for a non-immigrant visa to travel to the United States, is available to complete at the United States Department of State website. The form must be filled out online, following their instructions, and must be printed out and submitted.
For this video, we will help guide you through the Department of State’s website.
First you must access the Department of State’s DS 160 Form webpage. Once you have accessed the page, you will be prompted to being filling out your DS 160 form.
1. You must first select the region of the world in which you will file your DS 160 form.
2. You can also select your language in order to help you through the form in your native language.
Once selected, you must click the start application button at the bottom of the page.
3. You will be prompted with a page in which you can test a visa photo, which you will need to submit online with your application.
4. You then must start a new application.
After reaching this step, you will be given an application ID number, which you will need to record for further reference.
5. You will need to select a security question in order to continue.
On the next page, you will be required to provide your basic information, including name, address, and date of birth.
You will next be prompted to give your passport information and your travel information.
6. If you are unsure of your exact travel plans, make sure to be as specific as possible in order to have your visa application complete. Ensure that your visa will cover everything which you want to do on your visit.
The next prompts will require you to give your work information, security information, and general background information.
7. Ensure that your information is as accurate as possible, failure to disclose information will lead to denial of your visa.
Next, you will need to upload a picture of yourself, following the instructions for your picture.
Finally, you must print the completed application and submit it to the appropriate place as specified by the U.S. Department of State.